Motorcycle Tire Reviews - Was in your search and brought you to this resource page.
A tire's strength is often described by the number of plies it has. Knowing how to read the information inscribed on the sidewall of your tire is important when making selections for new or replacement tires.
Because tread depth is an important element for snow traction, winter / snow tires start with deeper tread depths than standard all-season or summer tires.
A bad jolt, such as hitting a pothole, can throw your vehicle out of alignment.
If no rotation period or pattern is specified, you should consider rotating your tires, front to back, every 8000 kms or at least every 10,000 kms.
One of the most common causes for ride disturbance is tires and wheels which are unbalanced.
In addition to affecting rolling resistance and thus fuel economy, inflation pressures also influence handling, traction, braking and load carrying capability.
Excessive tire wear will reduce steering and braking response.
If you like to drive quickly on twisting roads or through the mountains you will want good handling tires.
One of the real culprits of increased vehicle operating costs may be under-inflated tires, which can decrease gas mileage up to 10%. An easy fix with an immediate payback! Heat is a tire’s worst enemy.
You check the air pressure in your spare tire regularly, right?
Did you know?
* BF Goodrich Company invented longer life tires by adding carbon black to the rubber beginning in 1910.
* Frank Seiberling invented grooved tires with improved road traction in 1908.
* Robert William Thomson invented and patented the pneumatic tire in 1846.
* BFGoodrich offered the first radial available in North America also in 1965.
* Armstrong Rubber introduced the bias belted fiberglass tire in 1965.